Tokyo_Narita_Airport_Station

Tokyo_Narita_Airport_Station

Across the platform at Narita Airport Train Station

I made it to Japan!! I hope to keep you all updated at least with pictures. I am tweeting constantly and posting to my facebook wall, thanks to the folks at econnect Japan and my pocket WiFi. It has been a total game changer and I have been able to keep in contact with family, friends and fans. I am currently in Osaka, I took the bullet train, Shinkansen, from Tokyo yesterday afternoon! Here is a visual round up of my first few days in Japan.

Eating area at the Claska Hotel
I wasn’t ready to try the traditional Japanese brekkie of tofu, miso, and fish so I opted for the English breakfast
The hotel offered bike rentals to tour the furniture district of Meguro
The cross-walk signal has a hat on, awww
I wasn’t able to sort out the sidewalk directions I swear the lanes switched every couple of blocks
Bread in a window of a bakery, the smell was amazing, I didnt get anything cause I was full from breakfast!
Street View of Meguro Tokyo
Offerings from one of the many vending machines in the area
Street Lantern in front of an eatery
Traveling like a local sometimes means taking the bus :) Off to catch the Shinkansen to Osaka
Shinagawa platform waiting for the train. Better get there on time!
View of Mt Fuji about 40 minutes outside of Tokyo

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures. If you have any questions about navigating Japan let me know in the comments section below, I’ve learned so much. For more frequent updates please fan me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter. I am acting a fool on instagram :)

Also if you haven’t already, enter the LUXE Tokyo giveaway where you can win beautiful travel guides from LUXE City Guides.

12 Responses to My First Few Days In Japan

1. Ammar says:

i really like the pics! awesome , i wish i could go to japan also! did you go with a group or alone ?

2. Valentina says:

Have fun! I loved Japan when I visited it! Try to see to Himejir's castle or Nara, they are both near Osaka :)

3. Tat says:

Beautiful pics! This makes me want to head east. :) Have fun!

4. caribbelle says:

I'm glad you're having a great time. Living vicariously through you until I can go back!!

5. Nailah says:

These are great pictures! And the picture in Meguro…that’s where I used to live! I CANNOT wait to get there in April!

6. Checking in and see you made it fine all the way down to Osaka! For me the most exciting photo was from the Narita Express, because I know what is in store for you during your Holiday in Japan. I hope you will get to try the traditional Japanese breakfast during your trip. It's normally something I can't wait to enjoy. Although even some small hotels do offer amazing Western-style breakfasts! My last Holiday to Hiroshima at a wonderful small hotel on the river, had an amazing home-style Italian breakfast. Please post MORE photos! I'm living this experience thru you! :-)

7. I love your blog its look nice and attractive information is also interesting with good stuff. Hope you enjoyed there. I always keep in touch with your blog and going to bookmark also.
    Taj Mahal India
    Thanks

8. Ms. Monique says:

Beautiful pictures. This makes me want to travel, maybe it is time for me to use that old and dusty passport.

9. Awesome pictures indeed, I truly envy your lifestyle, wish I could do it maybe one day I'll pack up and just leave all it behind.

10. Katie says:

Great pictures. Can’t wait to make it to Japan some day. I hear it’s a whole different world out there.

11. Adriana says:

Hi, thanks for your blog post. I’m currently planning on going to Tokyo this October and have had my eye on Claksa hotel. It looks amazing! I’m really look for a hotel that boutique, creative and a little quirky. My only concern is that this hotel is too far away from the heart and happenings of the city? Did you find this was the case? I know transport is efficient but I want to wake up to the buzz of Tokyo city.
    Thanks, I appreciate your thoughts x

• Nicole Is The New Black says:

The Claska is kind of far away from the buzz. There are lots of furniture shops and there was a doggie boutique. LOL. It is defo a ways away from the hustle and bustle, so you won’t wake up to that if you stay here.