It’s Tuesday afternoon and I am sitting in a cafe which has become my second home here in Pamplona during the San Fermin Festival. These past few days in Pamplona have been intense! I am emotionally and physically exhausted, mentally preparing for the running of the bulls and restless nights due to 24 hours partiers have broken me. Don’t get me wrong, the girls and I had an amazing experience but one I don’t plan on repeating. (At least not in the near future *wink*)

In the meantime, while I recover from my San Fermin-enduced coma take a look at some of my favorite Instagram shots from Pamplona!

pamplona-san-fermin-blue-bulls

Distintive Kukuxumusa bull designs can be found all over the city

pamplona-spain-sanfermin-nomadic-chick

Nomadic Chick toasts to a safe and fun San Fermin Festival

pamplona-sanfermin-water-balcony

During the first day of San Fermin people throw water, sangria, wine, coca cola and whatever they want from balconies

pamplona-san-fermin-sangria-funnel

A group of innovative Brits partake in a sangria funnel. He almost drowned

pamplona-spain-san-femrin-cloud-rearview

Reflection of Pamplona in my compact mirror

pamplona-san-fermin-street-cleaning

One thing I won't miss from San Fermin is the rubbish and the smell of the city

pamplona-san-fermin-morning-before-run

The sky of Pamplona at 7:00 am before a bullrun

pamplona-san-fermin-runners

Runners flood Estafeta to line up for the bullrun

pamplona-san-fermin-building-music

Everyone of every age wears red and white in Pamplona during San FerminEncierro

pamplona-san-fermin-encierro-bullrun-sculpture

Encierro Bullrun Scuplture in the Heart of Pamplona

I am addicted to Instagram after using it during my trip to Japan earlier this year. Check me out if you enjoyed these photos @nicolenewblack

14 Responses to Snapshots from Pamplona and the San Fermin Festival

1. Nicole,

I loved the beautiful photography. My favorites are the throwing of the water or whatever from balconies.
    Fantastic creativity of the reflection in the compact.
    I could also smell the trash from the photo.
    OMG! The mass of humanity lining up for the bull run. Incredible. I feel as if I am there.

thanks for the kind words janice! glad you liked the pictures i am really in love with my compact mirror shot. i still need to perfect it

2. I loved seeing your instagram shots come through. Glad you guys survived San Fermin. Not sure if I could do this myself though. wonder what the city looks/smells/feels like once all of this is over…
    April D Thompson recently posted..Travel Tuesday: ‘Round the World with NailahMy Profile

I was told it smells remarkably better during other times of the year. Girl the smell is gonna be with for days. I am gagging just thinking about it.

3. Hogga says:

Good to see you didn’t take part in the running… just the smelling lol
    Hogga recently posted..How Dan Watson Almost Died in Costa RicaMy Profile

4. Hi Nicole,

Your pictures are awesome! I am at once sad that I couldn’t make it this year and more determined that next year I will be the one posting these awesome photos!

I now know to pack a white or red handkerchief doused with my favorite scent to blog out the emanation of the city during the revels. 🙂

Littlefoot

5. Shelley says:

Love your photography, Nicole! You seem to be developing a real knack for it. Running with the bulls is definitely something I’d like to do within my lifetime. Glad you girls survived and enjoyed! 🙂

6. Aziza says:

I just discovered your blog yesterday and spent so much time going through your archives & watching your videos. You are hilarious, entertaining and provide such great insights. I can’t travel now but I’m learning to much already. Roomarama & CouchSurfing, what I’ll expect as a black woman, etc.

I’ll be so prepared when I finally do get to travel next year & it’s thanks to you. Keep up the awesome work 🙂

7. Stephen Schreck says:

There Pictures are awesome. I cannot wait to run with the bulls next year. Keep the pictures coming

8. YusefWateef says:

Thanks for bringing back such great memories of my life in Spain, I did the running of the bulls and had a great time! Did you see anyone get hit by a bull?

~Watt

Actually yes! We had no idea but the day we ran was the day they used the bulls from the deadliest ranch in history. On our running day a bull got seperated from the herd, turned around and starting charging people. It was out of control.