It’s Tuesday afternoon and I am sitting in a cafe which has become my second home here in Pamplona during the San Fermin Festival. These past few days in Pamplona have been intense! I am emotionally and physically exhausted, mentally preparing for the running of the bulls and restless nights due to 24 hours partiers have broken me. Don’t get me wrong, the girls and I had an amazing experience but one I don’t plan on repeating. (At least not in the near future *wink*)

In the meantime, while I recover from my San Fermin-enduced coma take a look at some of my favorite Instagram shots from Pamplona!

pamplona-san-fermin-blue-bulls

Distintive Kukuxumusa bull designs can be found all over the city

pamplona-spain-sanfermin-nomadic-chick

Nomadic Chick toasts to a safe and fun San Fermin Festival

pamplona-sanfermin-water-balcony

During the first day of San Fermin people throw water, sangria, wine, coca cola and whatever they want from balconies

pamplona-san-fermin-sangria-funnel

A group of innovative Brits partake in a sangria funnel. He almost drowned

pamplona-spain-san-femrin-cloud-rearview

Reflection of Pamplona in my compact mirror

pamplona-san-fermin-street-cleaning

One thing I won't miss from San Fermin is the rubbish and the smell of the city

pamplona-san-fermin-morning-before-run

The sky of Pamplona at 7:00 am before a bullrun

pamplona-san-fermin-runners

Runners flood Estafeta to line up for the bullrun

pamplona-san-fermin-building-music

Everyone of every age wears red and white in Pamplona during San FerminEncierro

pamplona-san-fermin-encierro-bullrun-sculpture

Encierro Bullrun Scuplture in the Heart of Pamplona

I am addicted to Instagram after using it during my trip to Japan earlier this year. Check me out if you enjoyed these photos @nicolenewblack

14 Responses to Snapshots from Pamplona and the San Fermin Festival

1. Nicole,

I loved the beautiful photography. My favorites are the throwing of the water or whatever from balconies.
    Fantastic creativity of the reflection in the compact.
    I could also smell the trash from the photo.
    OMG! The mass of humanity lining up for the bull run. Incredible. I feel as if I am there.

thanks for the kind words janice! glad you liked the pictures i am really in love with my compact mirror shot. i still need to perfect it

2. I loved seeing your instagram shots come through. Glad you guys survived San Fermin. Not sure if I could do this myself though. wonder what the city looks/smells/feels like once all of this is over…

I was told it smells remarkably better during other times of the year. Girl the smell is gonna be with for days. I am gagging just thinking about it.

3. Hogga says:

Good to see you didn’t take part in the running… just the smelling lol

4. Hi Nicole,

Your pictures are awesome! I am at once sad that I couldn’t make it this year and more determined that next year I will be the one posting these awesome photos!

I now know to pack a white or red handkerchief doused with my favorite scent to blog out the emanation of the city during the revels. :-)

Littlefoot

5. Shelley says:

Love your photography, Nicole! You seem to be developing a real knack for it. Running with the bulls is definitely something I’d like to do within my lifetime. Glad you girls survived and enjoyed! :)

6. Aziza says:

I just discovered your blog yesterday and spent so much time going through your archives & watching your videos. You are hilarious, entertaining and provide such great insights. I can’t travel now but I’m learning to much already. Roomarama & CouchSurfing, what I’ll expect as a black woman, etc.

I’ll be so prepared when I finally do get to travel next year & it’s thanks to you. Keep up the awesome work :)

7. Stephen Schreck says:

There Pictures are awesome. I cannot wait to run with the bulls next year. Keep the pictures coming

8. YusefWateef says:

Thanks for bringing back such great memories of my life in Spain, I did the running of the bulls and had a great time! Did you see anyone get hit by a bull?

~Watt

Actually yes! We had no idea but the day we ran was the day they used the bulls from the deadliest ranch in history. On our running day a bull got seperated from the herd, turned around and starting charging people. It was out of control.